The Mr. Purple Invitational Cocktail Competition
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A BARTENDER?
Enter our first ever Mr. Purple Invitational Cocktail Competition, sponsored by Gerber Group & Cocktail Kingdom
RULES AND ENTRY DETAILS
• Entries are to be submitted via email to email@example.com with detailed preparation instructions and color photo.
• All recipes must be original creations.
• All recipes must be expressed in ounces, drops and dashes and scaled for a single serving.
• All entries must be detailed enough to recreate to original specs for consideration in the competition.
• All submissions will be tested and tasted. The winning entries will be selected to compete in the on site competition at Mr Purple.
• Base spirit must be from the list of participating products (Creyente mezcal, Boodles gin, or Tin up whiskey).
• Entries can use more than one spirit, cordial, vermouth, fortified wine etc. in addition to the base spirit, however no alcoholic modifier may exceed the amount of the base spirit.
• If your cocktail is selected to be presented you will receive a bottle of the selected spirit from our sponsor for final recipe creation, infusions or tinctures. Your bottle will available for pickup at Mr. Purple once you have been selected for competition.
• All specialty ingredients will be provided by contestant i.e. custom syrups, cordials, infusions, juices etc. Standard juices and syrups will be available on site: lime, lemon, simple, demerara etc., but contestants are recommended to bring their own.
• Cocktail will be judged on originality, use of product, taste, and presentation.
• all entries must be submitted alongside a color photo to be considered for entry.
COCKTAIL COMPETITION ON SITE
• All specialty glassware must be furnished by the competitor i.e tiki mugs, crystal, antiques, coconuts, ram horns, sail boats etc. We will provide tasting glassware for the audience.
• Competitors will make one presentation cocktail for the judging panel and 20, 1oz. tastings for the audience.
• All competitors will provide their own bar tools, mixing glasses etc to be used in the competition.
• Those competitors not moving forward from each round will be invited to the final to heckle their peers.
• Applicants must submit final cocktails to be presented by March 19th
• Applicant line up will be chosen on March 26th
• April 2nd Boodles Gin round
• April 9th Tin Cup American Whiskey round
• April 16th Creyente Mezcal round
• April 23rd FINALS
• Each day of competition will see four (4) competitors, with one finalist advancing to the finals from each daily grouping.
• All three (3) finalist will create a new final cocktail on the fly to present at the finals with a spirit from the list of participating products (Creyente mescal, Boodles gin and Tin Cup)
THE WINNING RECIPE WILL RECEIVE
• Grand prize will receive airfare and accommodations to tales of the cocktail 2018 in New Orleans.
• First round winners will receive a surprise prize each week.